Saturday, August 11, 2012

Micro Art - A New Venture



I have recently been side tracked into the field of micro-art, or also know as miniature art.

For those of you who haven't come across this term, it's actually art, done on a much smaller scale, usually on the tips of pencils or within the eye of a needle!!!

Willard Wigan, Dalton Ghetto are 2 remarkable micro artists, the former specializing in working inside the eye of a needle usually requiring a microscope to view, while the latter specializes in sculpting on the tip of a pencil.



Inspired by a movie I watched recently, I thought of trying out this minute art and came up with this. I know it's no where near as intricate as the works of Wigan or Ghetto, but hey, I tried my best :)

I carved this heart out of the lead portion of a normal red colouring pencil using a paper cutter.

Click on the following links for more information and to see some of their breathtaking art works :

Dalton Ghetto
Willard Wigan

2 comments:

  1. i think i'd go crazy if i have to make something so small....nice work.

    ReplyDelete